The Bottom Line 👇
- Hummus has deployed Balancer’s proven variable pool dapp on Metis!
- The Balancer fork will significantly improve volatile token liquidity across the entire Metis ecosystem.
- Following very positive BAL feedback, the Hummus team continues to seek Friendly Fork approval through the official Balancer Forum channels.
- The Hummus stablecoin and Balancer-fork pools are firewalled at launch.
- Notes: Upon the fork’s launch, initial slippage could be high, so please trade with caution as liquidity is deposited. Also, if adding liquidity near to launch, we recommend adding proportionally to limit impermanent loss. A transaction preview will provide you feedback before confirming.
- More to come! 👀
Balancer + Hummus
The Hummus Exchange team has combined its proven ultra-low-slippage stablepools with Balancer’s variable pools into one AMM — yet another first for Metis Andromeda! With this innovative approach, Hummus provides the novel stablecoin liquidity mechanics of Platypus alongside liquidity-deepening pools for variable assets like METIS and WETH, all in one UX🚀
The Metis ecosystem’s capabilities are growing. Key network building blocks — Aave v3, Hummus, Athena, Stargate, Netswap, Hercules, Hermes, Tethys, Chainlink, and Hera, to name a few — are in place. Metis Andromeda is primed.
While Hummus offers a best-in-class stableswap protocol with the capability to provide single-sided stablecoin liquidity (and one that is licensed from Platypus Finance), the dapp’s architecture prevents easy introduction of pools for un-like assets. Furthermore, the Metis ecosystem has lacked a protocol which allows users to provide liquidity into weighted, capitally efficient variable pools. Metis needs this capability now.
Furthermore, given recent exploits on Platypus on Avalanche (which had no impact on Hummus), we have prioritized moving more rapidly on the Balancer fork in order to provide much greater flexibility in our dapp and for the entire Metis ecosystem.
Hummus proudly now offers a clean fork of Balancer under Balancer’s GNU General Public License. As with other Balancer forks before us, the Hummus team intends to continue seeking Friendly Fork status in response to Balancer community demand and to give back to the balancer community.
Balancer Is Now Live On Metis!
The Hummus fork of Balancer is live… right now! Balancer’s mechanics will bring deep liquidity to volatile assets, and so also to the Metis ecosystem. Every protocol on Metis will benefit, be it a DEX, lender, aggregator, perpetual, or bridge.
Build in Metis, and build the future 🌟
About Hummus Exchange
The Hummus Exchange protocol is a single-side and decentralized AMM designed for exchanging stable and volatile cryptocurrencies on the Metis blockchain.
Users can swap stablecoins on the Hummus Exchange with extremely low slippage and fees. They can also stake stablecoins to generate yield, and stake HUM tokens alongside to boost that yield.
The Hummus Balancer fork now provides swapping volatile assets.
Come check us out! Stop by to swap or stake around for longer.
Follow us on: